US Bank Ice Rink
Rink Status Line: 513-381-0782
The U.S. Bank Ice Rink on Fountain Square is officially opening on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22, 2013. Get ready for a great season!
Ice Rink hours of Operation:
November 23 – January 1
Sunday – Thursday: 10am to 10pm
Friday & Saturday: 10am to Midnight
Christmas Eve: 10am to 10pm
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, & New Year’s Day: 2pm to 10pm
New Year’s Eve Blast: Dec 31 – free ice skating, countdown and fireworks to celebrate the new year.
*2-for-1 admission and skate rental Monday-Friday before 5pm*
January 2 – February 15
Sunday – Wednesday: Noon to 6pm
Thursday: Noon to 8pm
Friday: Noon to 10pm
Saturday: Noon to 10pm
Many Cincinnatians harbor fond memories of ice skating on Fountain Square on a frosty winter day in the midst of downtown’s tallest buildings.
Amenities include skate rental, lockers, benches, and a heated tent with vending machines for snacks and drinks. Nearby restaurants and coffee shops include Tazza Mia, Graeter’s, Servatii’s, Starbucks, Chipotle, Potbelly Sandwich Works, Palomino, Via Vite, Ingredients, McCormick & Schmick’s, Morton’s, and Rock Bottom Brewery.
The ice rink is available for private rental and groups. See below for information.
Cost: $3.00 admission and $3.00 skate rental. Payable by cash or credit card (Visa/MasterCard/AmEx).
Special Discounts & Events in November & December
- Turkey Bowl: Nov 20 – bowling frozen turkeys for charity
- Macy’s Light Up the Square: Nov 22 – join us as we light up the Cincinnati holiday tree.
- Santa Skates: Nov 24 & 25, Dec 1 & 2, Dec 8 & 9, Dec 15 & 16, Dec 22 & 23 – skate with Santa on Saturday & Sundays before Christmas!
- New Year’s Eve Blast: Dec 31 – free ice skating, countdown and fireworks to celebrate the new year.
Special Discounts & Events in January & February
- Radio Skates – discount admission and music on Friday nights
- DJ Skates – skate to live DJ music on Saturday nights
- Family Skates – free admission for kids under 12 every Sunday from noon to 6pm
- School Skates – Free admission and skate rental for participating YMCA students, noon to 5pm, Monday through Friday
- Valentine’s Day 2-for-1 Skate – 2-for1 admission and skate rental all day on Monday, February 14
- Get $1 off skate admission if you qualify for one of the following:
- Pay with your U.S. Bank credit or debit card
- College Student (valid ID required)
- Downtown Residents Council member (valid ID required)
- Military, Police or Fire Dept Employee (valid ID required)
Admission and skate rental close one hour before the rink closes. Times are subject to change due to weather or special events. Although the rink can stay cold up to about 60 degrees air temperature in dry weather, warm temperatures with high humidity or rain can make the rink unskatable and cause it to be closed temporarily. Please call 513.381.0782 or visit www.myfountainsquare.com for rink status.
Parking in the Fountain Square Garage makes access easy and affordable, and with so many shops and restaurants within a few blocks, Fountain Square is a popular winter destination.
Every 2 to 3 hours, skaters must clear the ice for 35-45 minutes while the rink is resurfaced.
Small coin-operated lockers for shoes, purses, bags, etc. are located on the rink platform. Fee is 50 cents.
We offer rental skates in these sizes: toddlers sizes 10-11, kids sizes 12-4, ladies sizes 5-13, and men sizes 5-13. Skates are rented first-come, first-serve. If we are out of your size, we will offer a similar size if available or wait until more skates are returned.
The ice rink may be reserved for private parties. Private rentals must take place outside the rink’s normal public hours. The rate is $250 per hour and includes skate rental. A 50% deposit is due at time of booking to hold a reservation, with the balance due one day prior. If a reservation is canceled with at least 72 hours’ notice, the deposit with be refunded. To make a reservation or to inquire about availability, please call 513.621.4400 (prior to November 23) or 513.381.0782 (after November 23). Payment may be made by check payable to Fountain Square Management Group or by credit card (VI/MC/AmEx, with signed authorization).
The Fountain Square ice rink is great for school field trips, office outings, family outings, kids’ parties, social club activities, and more. Group visits may be scheduled any time the rink is open.
Groups of more than 30 are asked to call the rink ahead at 513.381.0782 during rink hours with the date and hours you plan to be at the rink and an approximate headcount. When you arrive, a group representative will need to identify group members as they enter, and rink staff will keep a tally. Once everyone is in, the representative will pay all the admissions and rentals at once. Payment may be made by cash or credit card (Visa/MasterCard/American Express). Paying as a group saves you time at the register and gives your group members more time to skate!
Groups should be aware that during public hours, rink admission and skate rentals are first-come, first-serve, and rink capacity is about 200 people.