It’s official—the 2012 PNC Summer Music Series is now underway. Are you a little fuzzy on the details? Or perhaps…*gasp*…you’ve never even heard about our spectacular (and completely FREE) Concert Series? We’ve got you covered!
Here’s an overview:
Every night of the week, Fountain Square hosts a series of FREE concerts that feature local, national and international bands, encompassing a wide variety of musical genres. From Hip Hop to Salsa to Bluegrass to Indie Rock—the PNC Summer Music series has it all and much *much* more.
Only the brightest and most innovative independent artists perform on our stage, which means that this is your chance to explore the underground music scene at its finest. Be sure to visit each music series page at www.myfountainsquare.com for more information, including detailed performance schedules and links to band profiles. And don’t forget to “Like Us” on Facebook (if you haven’t already) so that you can see the daily photos and video recaps from each performance!
2012 Summer Series Schedule:
- Mondays: 4EG Happy Hour – Designed as a means to put an end to the “Monday Blues”, this new addition to the PNC Summer Music Series features drink specials and performances from great local bands.
- Tuesdays: American Roots (Previously Southern Sounds) – New name—same great music! Experience the sounds of the South, including country, blues, bluegrass, and much more.
- Wednesdays: Reggae Wednesday – On Wednesdays, relax and enjoy as the easy-going melodies of Reggae transport you away to the islands.
- Thursdays: Acoustic Thursday – Take a break from the workday, grab a bite to eat on the Square, and spend your lunch hour listening to the soothing sounds of Folk, Celtic and Americana music.
- Thursdays: Salsa on the Square – Every Thursday, enjoy hot salsa bands, skilled dancers, and tips from expert instructors.
- Fridays: MidPoint Indie Music Series – Spend Friday night rocking out to your favorite indie bands. Every Friday night, Fountain Square will ditch the mainstream and embrace the music of independent artists.
- Saturdays: Self-Diploma’s Beats – From Rap to Hip-Hop to Slam Poetry—every Saturday night experience the indie urban music scene at its best.