Events on the Square
- This event has passed.
November 1, 2012 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thank you for your interest in entering a team for the 2012 HGC Broomball League on Fountain Square. Below you will find the information and documents you need to complete your registration.
Registration Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on November 30, 2011
League Structure: The HGC Broomball League on Fountain Square will consist of 40 teams: 16 Advanced, 16 Beginner, and 8 Weekend (beginner). Team fee is $475. A team consists of no fewer than 8 and no more than 12 people.
Season: Regular season is 6 weeks starting January 2, 2012. Beginner and Advanced conference games are on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at 6:00, 6:30, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, and (Monday only) 8:30 p.m. Makeup games are played on Thursdays and Sundays. Each team will play one night each week, but not necessarily the same night each week. The “weekend” league, for beginner teams only, plays on Saturdays (with Sunday as a make-up day). This season is 6 weeks starting January 7, 2012. Games are at 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, and 10:30 a.m. Each team will play once per week. League schedule will be published at least two weeks prior to the start of the season.
Playoffs: For weeknight teams, six teams from the Advanced conference and six teams from the Beginner conference will advance to separate playoffs. Playoff games will take place on Monday, February 13, and Tuesday, February 14. Both championship games (one for Beginner, one for Advanced) will take place on Wednesday, February 15, 2012. In the weekend league, the top team in each division will play each other in a championship game on Saturday, February 18.
League management reserves the right to host games at a location other than Fountain Square due to weather, special events, or changes to the rink schedule.
1. Print and fill out a Team Registration Form.
2. Have each player read and sign a Waiver.
3. Fill in a fsq_2012_roster (an Excel spreadsheet) and send it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Provide either a valid credit card number or a check payable to Fountain Square Management Group with your registration form.
5. Send the Registration and Waivers to Fountain Square Management by mail or fax. Our mailing address and fax number are on the last page of the form.
6. When all your forms and payment are received, we will send an email to the team manager confirming that your registration is complete. At that point, your team is eligible for the lottery.
Should you have a question that is not answered here or want to check on the status of your registration, please contact our office at 513.621.4400. Thank you.