Events on the Square
- This event has passed.
Sam Adams’ Oyster Feast
October 5, 2013 @ 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Calling all oyster lovers to Fountain Square! Join us this Saturday, October 5th, from 1PM to 9PM for the Sam Adams’ Oyster Feast. Produced by 3CDC and Washington Platform, this oyster-themed celebration will feature live music, tasty oyster dishes, games, merchandise and—of course—plenty of ice cold Sam Adams to go around. Washington Platform and The Anchor will be onsite, serving up delicious oysters on the ½ shell, southern fried oysters, savory oyster gumbo and more. See below for a complete event schedule:
Sam Adams’ Oyster Feast Schedule
- Concessions Open
- Live Music from DJ Tweet
- Relay Race Registration Opens (FREE)
- Oyster Speed-Eating Challenge Registration/Check-in Opens (FREE)
- Official Pearl Count Begins ($1 per guess, winner takes home genuine Rookwood Vase)
- Community Oyster Sculpture begins
- Live Music from Newt
- Oyster Relay Race Begins
3:30PM – 8:00PM
- Live Music from DJ Tweet/Newt/ South Cummingsville Preservation All-Stars
- Pearl Count Contest Winner Announced
- Oyster Speed-Eating Challenge Begins
8:15PM – 9:00PM
- Live Music from South Cummingsville Preservation All-Stars
The event will also feature a variety of family-friendly activities including Oyster Shuffleboard, Pearls of Wisdom and Oyster Cornhole. Anyone may participate by making a small, charitable donation of $1-2 per activity. All donations will benefit the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital’s Camp About Face Program.
WHO: Open to the public. FREE Admission.
WHEN: Saturday, October 5th – 1PM to 9PM
WHERE: Fountain Square is located at 520 Vine Street in Downtown Cincinnati.
Want to sign up for our 2013 Oyster Eating Challenge? Fill out the form below to secure your spot!
Oops! We could not locate your form.