Events on the Square
- This event has passed.
US Bank Ice Rink
January 4, 2013 @ 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
RINK STATUS LINE: 513-381-0782
Ice Rink hours of Operation:
January 2 – February 15
Sunday – Wednesday: Noon to 6pm
Thursday: Noon to 8pm
Friday & Saturday: Noon to 10pm
Many Cincinnatians harbor fond memories of ice skating on Fountain Square on a frosty winter day in the midst of downtown’s tallest buildings.
Amenities include skate rental, lockers, benches, and a heated tent with vending machines for snacks and drinks. Nearby restaurants and coffee shops include Tazza Mia, Graeter’s, Servatii’s, Starbucks, Chipotle, Potbelly Sandwich Works, Palomino, Via Vite, Ingredients, McCormick & Schmick’s, Morton’s, and Rock Bottom Brewery.
The ice rink is available for private rental and groups. See below for information.
Cost: $3.00 admission and $3.00 skate rental. Payable by cash or credit card (Visa/MasterCard/AmEx).
SPECIAL DISCOUNTS & EVENTS IN JANUARY & FEBRUARY
- Radio Skates – discount admission and music on Friday nights
- DJ Skates – skate to live DJ music on Saturday nights
- Family Skates – free admission for kids under 12 every Sunday from noon to 6pm
- School Skates – Free admission and skate rental for participating YMCA students, noon to 5pm, Monday through Friday
- Valentine’s Day 2-for-1 Skate – 2-for1 admission and skate rental all day on Monday, February 14
- Get $1 off skate admission if you qualify for one of the following:
- Pay with your U.S. Bank credit or debit card
- College Student (valid ID required)
- Downtown Residents Council member (valid ID required)
- Military, Police or Fire Dept Employee (valid ID required)
Admission and skate rental close one hour before the rink closes. Times are subject to change due to weather or special events. Although the rink can stay cold up to about 60 degrees air temperature in dry weather, warm temperatures with high humidity or rain can make the rink unskatable and cause it to be closed temporarily. Please call 513.381.0782 or visit www.myfountainsquare.com for rink status.
Parking in the Fountain Square Garage makes access easy and affordable, and with so many shops and restaurants within a few blocks, Fountain Square is a popular winter destination.