Host an Event
Booking An Event
Any event that features the following aspects requires a permit:
- Amplified sound
- Selling food, alcohol, or merchandise
- Selling tickets
- A gathering of 50 or more people
- Events open to the public
- Requiring a special setup or stages, tents, tables, barricades, or other items
Event permits are granted on a first-come, first-served basis. To see if a time and date are available before you submit an application, please call 513-621-4400. Events may be booked no less than 14 days and no more than one year in advance.
To book an event on Fountain Square, please follow these steps:
- Read the section of the City Municipal Code pertaining to Fountain Square.
- Read the City Manager’s Rules for the Use of Fountain Square.
- Complete the FSQ Permit Application Form.
- Review the Services Menu appended to the Permit Application. Use the Services Menu to order sound, video, rentals, and other services offered by 3CDC. If you do not require any services, you may skip this item.
- Mail or fax the completed Event Permit Application and permit fees ($10 application + Square rental + utilities, payable to the City of Cincinnati) to 3CDC, 1203 Walnut Street, 4th Floor, Cincinnati OH 45202, or fax to 513-621-5900. If you have ordered services, include the Services Menu & Order Form as well.
- You should have a response regarding the status of your application by email within 10 business days. If you do not receive a response, you may contact us at 513-621-4400 to check the status.
The Fifth Third Bank LED Video Board is not on Fountain Square property and is privately owned and managed. Please click here to inquire about its use.
- Fountain Square Scale Drawing
- Handout for Third-Party Booth Sponsors and Vendors
- Fountain Square PA Spec
- Are we allowed to bring food and beverage into the park?
- Yes, food and beverage are allowed in the park.
- You are also welcome to bring your own drinks into the park with the exception of alcoholic beverages. Those are sold at the concession stand and/or the deck during business hours.
- Do you have a preferred caterer?
- We do not have a preferred caterer; you welcome to bring in whoever you would like for your event.
- What is required to book the space?
- You must complete a permit and submit to Andrea Hawkins at 3CDC. With your permit you must include payment for the permit fees.
- Washington Park Permits must be submitted at least 30 days prior to your event.
- Fountain Square Permits must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your event.
- How do I know if a specific date is available?
- Contact Andrea Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is included with my rental?
- The only think included in the rental is the actual space. Staffing and other rental charges may apply.
- Do you give discounts for Non-Profit Organizations?
- FSQ, yes
- WP no
- Do you have security available for events?
- Yes, we can coordinate CPD or T-shirt security officers for your event.
- What Rentals do you offer?
- We offer a variety of rental, such as table, tents, chairs and sound systems. Please see back of the permit for additional details.
- Do you get parking with your permit?
- You do not get parking spaces with your rental but we are happy to put you in touch with our garage staff to talk about parking options.
- Is insurance required for your event?
- Insurance is only required if you will have
- 3,000 people or more in attendance
- sale of alcohol
- pyrotechnics or use of open flame
- use of large structure or machinery
- erection of a large display or exhibit
- sale or distribution of food or beverages which are not pre-packaged
- competitive events or activates of a strenuous physical nature